Project Engineer @ Lehigh County Authority - Allentown, PA
2 months ago
Lehigh County Authority - Allentown, PA
Lehigh County Authority is seeking a Project Engineer to join their Allentown, PA team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing water and wastewater capital projects, serving as a department liaison with the asset management group, and utilizing asset management data to plan and prioritize capital projects. If you are tech savvy and enjoy being a part of a team that is constantly driving change to obtain ultimate efficiency for the community, then this role is for you!
What you’ll do
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manages specific capital projects to assure their proper conduct, compliance with LCA standards and objectives, adherence to schedule, adherence to budget, and final completion. Reports project status on a regular basis.
· Oversees and directs outside consultants – including reviewing and tracking project schedules, tracking budgets, coordinating design efforts, performing design reviews, bid phase administration, reviewing change order requests, overseeing inspection activities, coordinating and attending progress meetings, reviewing payment applications, substantial completion inspection and punch lists, contract closeout administration, reviewing as-built plans and operation and maintenance manuals, and document management.
· Works with and coordinates with Asset Management group to identify major equipment and facility replacement/upgrade needs, including tracking major equipment/facilities risk of failure, consequence of failure, aggregate risk ratings, evaluating repair vs. replacement protocols, and translating and summarizing data for capital project planning prioritization.
· Justifies short and long-term capital improvement projects and capital budgets based on Asset Management data using net present value analysis.
· Attains familiarity with LCA policies and standards for water and sewer design and construction and provides technical guidance on project requirements to internal staff and outside agencies.
· Reviews internal and external studies and designs and issues review comments.
· Performs quarterly project cost forecasting and assists with annual capital budget and capital plan.
· Coordinates implementation of projects with other departments and regularly notifies manager of issues or potential problems.
· Handles a variety of personal contact situations with outside consulting engineers, local and state regulators and other government agencies, utilities, business and industry representatives, developers, contractors, and local municipalities. Attends internal and external meetings as required.
· Assists Operations Department by studying problems and recommending solutions or improvements to existing facilities.
· As requested, makes presentations and attends selected LCA board meetings.
· Performs special studies and evaluations requiring the expertise and knowledge of a registered professional engineer.
· Performs cost analysis, including net present value, for engineering alternatives. Provides cost evaluations to justify equipment/facility replacement projects.
· Performs related engineering work as required.
What you need to thrive in this role
· Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering.
· Experience: Minimum five (5) years of engineering experience.
· Skills: Knowledge of the principles of Asset Management and asset risk evaluations.
· Computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with project management software is desired.
· Ability to communicate and coordinate with a diverse workforce, across multiple departments.
· Ability to plan, manage and administer capital projects.
· Ability to apply the principles and practices of civil engineering at an advanced level.
· Ability to manage outside consultants.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a non-profit, municipal authority and is the primary water utility in Lehigh County. LCA provides high-quality, reliable water and wastewater services to residents, visitors, and business in the fast-growing and expanding Lehigh Valley. We offer competitive salaries, a generous benefit package and career opportunities for talented and motivated individuals seeking a rewarding career in the water sector. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
What we offer you
LCA offers competitive pay and robust benefits including:
· Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with affordable employee contributions.
· Generous paid vacation, excused absence, personal days, and holidays.
· Company provided life insurance, long-term disability, and short-term disability.
· Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Defined Benefit Retirement Plan and 457(Empower).
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o19ekfws&s=Indeed
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position.
Lehigh County Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lehigh County Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, Veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Thank you for considering us as a potential employer!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,583.00 - $81,979.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- What is your desired compensation for this role?
- Do you currently hold a license as a Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania specializing in civil or environmental engineering? If not, are you willing to obtain one within 1 year?
- engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Limbach Facility Services LLC
Identifies cost impacts resulting from changes to the project scope and construction schedule. Monitors project cash flow to achieve a consistently positive…
Harold Beck & Sons Inc.
Write product documentation including project logs, test reports, and design evaluations. Engineer and design microprocessor-based, mixed signal circuit boards…
The project engineer schedules, plans, and manages capital improvement projects. Demonstrated ability to manage projects, people, schedule, and budget.
Pearl River, NY
The Informatics Project Lead will ensure efforts around project scope, project timelines, business analysis, software testing/validation (SDLC tasks), change…
Chester Valley Engineers
We are seeking a qualified Civil Engineer Project Engineer/Manager with 6 to 12 years of responsible experience in site design related to commercial,…
Sanitary Process Systems, Inc.
Lay out and manage projects, ensure projects are being executed efficiently. Keep project financials and budgets organized.
Commercial Insurance Associates Inc
Communicates with clients and delivers project progress reports. Makes sure projects are aligned with agreed-upon plans. Project management: 1 year (Preferred).
Read and understand project documents including customer specifications; Provide start-up and commissioning services for assigned projects;
South Plainfield, NJ
Initial project scoping, proposal preparation. Preparation of and tracking project budgets. Supervising project closeout towards procurement of the building…
New York, NY
Note: Candidates must specify for each construction project they worked on: a description of the construction project, the time period they worked on the…
Chester Valley Engineers
We are seeking Civil Engineers with 2-4 years experience in site development design related to commercial, residential, institutional, industrial and retail…
New York, NY
Ensure project timeline is met and project stays within budget. Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process.
Schedule deliveries based on production forecasts, material substitutions, storage and handling facilities, and maintenance requirements.
EDF Renewables North America
Lead the project offshore engineering. In collaboration with the project management team, develop and maintain a design process and guidelines for the offshore…
Lead project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets. Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned…
South Plainfield, NJ
Project Coordination, including conferring with client, attorney, project team and Bohler affiliates for the purpose of preparing a comprehensive site plan…
South Plainfield, NJ
Complete drawing/project responsibilities within scope, budget and schedule. Organize/maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related…
South Plainfield, NJ
Must have the ability to understand and implement jurisdictional requirements in the design of multi-family residential, mixed-use projects.
GEI Consultants Inc
Under supervision of senior staff, this individual will provide support to ongoing office and field work for projects in Northern New Jersey and the New York…
Short Hills, NJ
Fraud prevention and compliance programs are rife with ambiguity, and we are looking for a leader who can embrace the challenge of solving complex technical…
When appropriate, you provide support and guidance for newer engineers still learning the trade. For every project, you ensure our work is completed on time and…
You work alongside new engineers, offering guidance and advice as you create picture directions for building highways.
Glatt Air Techniques
Work schedule may vary to accommodate manufacturing/processing functions. General Information*: Proven well-rounded ability to support direct self-engagement…
Maintain/manage contracts to ensure that work is delivered within scope, fee, and schedule including preparation of contract modifications & negotiations to…