Software Engineer Apprentice (Virtual) @ Home Depot / THD - Atlanta, GA
a month ago
Software Engineer Apprentice (Virtual)
Home Depot / THD - Atlanta, GA
A Software Engineer Apprentice is responsible for joining a product team and contributing to the software design, software development, and overall product lifecycle for a product that our users will love. As a Software Engineer Apprentice, you will be part of a team with more experienced engineers to help build and grow your skills while you ship production quality code.
This is a temporary role, an approximate time span of 90 days, with potential to grow into a permanent position.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
70% - Delivery & Execution:
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs
- Creates automation scripts for both infrastructure and test cases
- Fields questions from other product teams or support teams
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Participates in learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
- Reviews and discusses code from more senior engineers to understand best practices and design patterns
Typically reports to the Software Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
Experience in an object oriented programming lan
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 0-1 years of relevant work experience
- Experience to a modern web application framework such as Ruby on Rails, Spring MVC, and Node.js
- Exposure to writing SQL queries against a relational database
- Exposure to version control systems (preferably Git)
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Self-Development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
SONIFI Solutions, Inc.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package, which includes Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, 401(k) with company match, 11 Company-paid…
Typically requires 3-5 years of experience with good knowledge in design principles and architecture. Working with version control, i.e. Code Cloud.
3+ years of experience as a software engineer. Deep investigation into production incidents followed up by applying the learning to code.
Software development: 5 years (Preferred). Love to meet people and make connections! Conversant in modern CI/CD techniques as well as runtime environments like…
Review your colleagues’ work positively and constructively. Experience developing CAD or 3D modelling software. Report regularly to the CTO.
Hands-on technical experience in testing of software projects. You will prioritize test execution, hands on validation and certification of the software…
Provides expert advice/guidance to all levels for application documentation, procedures, methodology and standards. Typically Minimum 0-2 Years Relevant Exp.
CoverMyMeds, a McKesson Company
Candidate must be experienced working with service-oriented architectures, including significant background with the Microsoft technology stack and development…
Home Depot / THD
Participates in learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice). Exposure to a NoSQL database.
Canonical - Jobs
We want to enable companies to run very efficient bare metal operations for high performance computing, private cloud, data lakes and analytics.
Home Depot / THD
Leads the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs.
Significant equity via our employee stock grant program. 2+ years of experience managing other engineers, including conducting performance reviews and coaching…
Home Depot / THD
An ideal candidate will have a minimum 5-6 years of professional IT experience as full stack developer and having at least 3-6 years as leading a medium size…
Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.
Leads threat prevention by researching, recommending, developing, and implementing moderately complex changes in various host, network, and/or cloud-based…
Develop customized coding, software integration, perform analysis, configure solutions, using tools specific to the project or the area.
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Experience learning software, frameworks and APIs. Author automation tools to assist with deployments, logging, monitoring, and capacity planning for on-premise…
If you are excited about all aspects of modern engineering - writing great code, creating architectures, designing components, interacting with clients, and…
Strong written and oral communication skills. The responsibilities will also include taking escalations from the operations team and working with software…
*Providing constructive feedback on your colleagues’ pull requests, and accept constructive feedback on your own PRs in return*.
CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc.-Information Technology
The successful software developer will have a variety of skills including web development responsible for building custom front end web applications for…
LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION
Our products are used to advance weapon systems development, strengthen pilot familiarization, assess human factors, evaluate aircraft control laws, improve…
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a global cybersecurity leader that protects customer progress with Secureworks® Taegis™, a cloud-native security analytics…
Accountability for the behavior of your software in production. Tenable.sc gives companies a comprehensive picture of their network, while keeping their data…
Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees. 3+ years building and maintaining software systems with AWS, GCP, or Azure.