Director of Platform Engineering @ Narvar - Austin, TX
4 days ago
Director of Platform Engineering
Narvar - Austin, TX
Director of Platform Engineering
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail's most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 650+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
As the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for building and growing the engineering team across North America that builds consumer-facing SaaS products. You will partner with our product team to develop experiences for our clients and their end consumers. You will play a meaningful role in amplifying the value of our platform by assuring the seamless development & delivery of product features. You will organize team structure, build leveling charts, be an integral part of the hiring process. In this role, you will lead production of product services and consumer-facing products that both engage and delight users.
- Build and lead the operational and directional aspects for your engineering team and help the members grow both technically and professionally
- Translate requirements to workstreams for your team to design, estimate, develop and launch new products & features
- Lead, inspire, teach and influence your team to embrace modern engineering practices that enable them to frequently release high-quality services
- Work with the recruiting team to attract and retain high quality and diverse talent
- Collaborate with other managers to ensure we are building products that provide a consistent and powerful experience
- Establish great rapport with Product Managers, Sales, and Success to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration
- Provide production support for customer issues and proactively work to improve operational efficiency
What we're looking for
- You have a BS/MS in computer science, information systems, or equivalent
- You have 10+ years of software development experience and are an engineer at heart
- Proven hands-on technical management experience (including managing managers) of 5+ years
- You have successfully built and managed high performance distributed team/s
- You excel in an informal, fast-paced startup environment with a flat organizational structure
- Can communicate technical designs and processes to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have experience building high performance, scalable, highly available, and reliable consumer facing applications
- You have solid organizational and communication skills, the ability to prioritize tasks, keep projects on schedule & high quality standards along with capability to roll your sleeves when needed
- Extensive experience designing, building and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Frontend frameworks and technologies like React, Svelte, Typescript
- Experience designing and scaling relational and NoSQL database platforms (such as MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticache)
- You have experience with cloud technologies (AWS or GCS), schema design, optimization, query analysis, and databases
- Deep hands-on expertise in one or more of the following server-side languages: Java, Python, Go, Scala, Rust
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey and that's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail's most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 1200+ other brands. Through the pandemic we have pivoted and embraced a fully remote workforce where together we've served over 500 million consumers worldwide, processing 8+ billion orders last year alone over 40+ countries and across 50+ languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate our wins. We've been recognized by Fast Company numerous times as one of the most innovative companies in the world – for social good to logistics optimization. You can feel good knowing you're working towards changing the world! Join us on our mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Austin Independent School District
JobID: 46233 Position Type: 05 - Administration: Central Office/Director Date Posted: 5/17/2022 Location: Finance For Fiscal Year: 2022-2023 Pay Grade…
Austin Jewish Academy
An independent school in northwest Austin, our program centers inquiry-based and project-based learning. The ideal candidate understands progressive pedagogy…
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Ensure total guest satisfaction for all group-related functions and achieve budgeted catering and banquet food & beverage revenues.
San Marcos, TX
Generous paid time off (PTO) benefits for full time employees. 6 Paid Holidays + 2 floating holidays annually. Home Care or Staffing Experience preferred.
InBloom Autism Services
Management, oversight, and development of junior administrative staff. Process management to ensure timely starts of care for families who rely on us for…
New Braunfels, TX
Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, cost management, employee retention,…
Works collaboratively and assists program department directors with special projects as needed. Prepares monthly budget analysis and conducts meetings with each…
This is accomplished by taking into account Juniper Communities' philosophy, hallmarks, policies and procedures as well as current federal, state and local…
Children's Courtyard - Learning Care Group
The Assistant Director is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the School with the School Director, and achieving Learning Care Group’s safety…
La Hacienda Treatment Center
We offer a comprehensive benefit package as well as a generous amount of paid time off. The Solutions Program Director assumes responsibility for the quality…
Commodore Perry Estate
This position provides support to the Director of Finance in providing continuous leadership and guidance in matters relating to the financial operation of the…
Parmer Woods at North Austin, Assisted Living & Memory Care
We offer competitive salaries, health coverage (including medical, vision, and prescription), 401k and Paid Time Off. Track and follow up on all warranty items.
Liberty Hill, TX
The Safety Director is responsible to promote and uphold safety throughout every aspect of BakerTriangle’s operations. Serves as a mediator when necessary.
Civitas Senior Living
Candidate must be able to successfully pass a motor vehicle record check, drug screen and background check to be eligible for employment.
They are responsible for hiring of qualified hospice personnel: the provision of hospice services, directly, and the delegation to and coordination of hospice…
Cedar Pointe Health and Wellness Center
Cedar Park, TX
Must be a licensed *RN or LVN. Guaranteed Full Time Hours Year Round. Great, Competitive Pay (based on experience). Supervising experience: 1 year (Preferred).
Keystone Care LLC
Relocation within the APEX (Austin, Texas and surrounding areas to include the 1-35 corridor) market is required at the completion of the program.
Senior Rehab Solutions
Harker Heights, TX
Must have Skilled Nursing experience and 1 year recent Director of Rehab experience and familiar w/electronic documentation.
Resolves complex field process issues utilizing systematic troubleshooting methodology generally involving multiple processes. Yes, 20% of the Time.
Manor Independent School District
Provide leadership in development, implementation, and coordination of a comprehensive program of health services for district.
Texas Health and Science University
San Antonio, TX
The director exhibits a high level of initiative and motivation to achieve enrollment goals while maintaining a student-centric enrollment philosophy in an…
Your organizational, communication, and leadership skills are excellent and you enjoy developing solutions that push innovative boundaries.
Massage Heights - Austin
Directly supervise and be accountable for all aspects of Retreat operations. Recruit, hire, and retain top talent. Industry experience and knowledge preferred.
ACT 4 SA
San Antonio, TX
Accountability Compassion & Transparency for San Antonio (ACT 4 SA) **seeks a Full-Time Advocacy Director*. ACT 4 SA empowers the San Antonio community through…