CCOR - Compliance Director Quality Assurance @ JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. - Brooklyn, NY
a month ago
CCOR - Compliance Director Quality Assurance
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. - Brooklyn, NY
This position is with JPMC's Global Compliance, Conduct, & Operational Risk (CCOR) department, performing quality assurance testing across the Compliance units supporting the firm's four lines of business (Consumer & Community Bank (CCB), Asset Wealth Management (AWM), Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) and Commercial Bank (CB)) as well as Corporate Functions.
Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) is within CCOR and is responsible for developing and implementing the firm's Enterprise-Wide Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Programs requirements and standards. GFCC is comprised of the core functions (KYC, Sanctions, Investigations and Transaction Monitoring), business-aligned teams and regional teams.
The Global Head of Quality Assurance is part of Global Financial Crimes Compliance Operations (GFFCO) and will be responsible for leading the Global Compliance Quality Assurance function and implementing key strategic initiatives to increase quality assurance testing program effectiveness and efficiency.
The QA program is an independent global utility that measures production processes quality and helps ensure that the work meets firm policies and procedural standards. The team uses regularly reviewed standardized test scripts and statistical sampling to complete monthly testing. Tests are performed weekly allowing for continuous feedback. The team provides detailed metrics to track performance, identify trends and facilitate anomaly root cause analysis.
The QA team tests the following Compliance functions: Anti-Money Laundering Investigations, Client List Screening, Sanctions Escalations, Employee Compliance, Disclosure of Interest, Surveillance, Market Conduct Violation Framework and Risk Assessment. Additionally, QA tests Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) filed for Fraud Compliance Operations Investigations (FCOI) and Global Security (GS).
The position will include evaluating Global Compliance processes for adherence with firm standards and required regulations, developing testing to appropriately monitor processes and results reporting. The organization's goals include providing best-in-class QA testing while driving a continuous improvement culture toward best client experience and JPMorgan Chase Bank outcomes. The QA Global Head, in collaboration with the APAC QA lead, will be responsible for the global QA strategic operating model to ensure that the year over year QA value proposition improves. Key focus areas include: optimizing resource skills and locations; creating, and executing against, a milestone plan to achieve strategic targets; and establishing a culture that builds QA into the process to address higher risk activities.
To accomplish these objectives, the individual will manage a global team and work closely with Compliance colleagues, controls partners, quality, testing and support teams, as well as interact with various levels of management in regard to governance, process improvement and enterprise-wide risk and controls evaluation.
In addition to Global Strategic responsibilities, QA Global Head will also have direct North America (NA) and Europe Middle East & Africa (EMEA) QA team oversight. NA locations are all United States based: Brooklyn, NY; Jersey City, NJ; Newark, DE and San Antonio, TX. EMEA locations are Bournemouth, UK and Geneva, Switz. Further, while the Global Head will exert oversight across the functional work streams, primary focus is on the Global Financial Crimes Areas as well as Fraud Compliance Operations Investigations (FCOI) and Global Security (GS)
Key focus areas include:
- Management responsibility for team of approximately 70 resources located in six sites noted above
- Manage associated budget, headcount and maintain capacity planning
- Provide overall team strategy and direction globally; develop multi-year strategy and road-map including location strategy, efficiencies, automation and span goals
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across GFCC, Compliance, Legal, Audit and Oversight & Control. Foster and promote positive partnership between QA and stakeholders
- Interpretation of QA standards, guidelines, policies and procedures globally
- Analysis of key performance metrics
- Work efficiently to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and be able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Process analysis / design acumen - ability to understand a process and associated risk to inform control design
- Problem solving / Analytical skills - solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills; able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusion
- Understanding root cause / identifying control breaks
- Developing timely and sustainable solutions
- Analyze metrics for emerging risk
- Effectively communicate with key points of contact to ensure appropriate change management, fluid sharing of information and feedback across pertinent teams
- 15+ years of financial services experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred
- Demonstrate confident leadership and sound judgment to influence a strong culture and risk management
- Strong understanding of the 3 lines of defense, CCOR Framework and operational risk management; knowledge of JPMC platforms preferred
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and deliver best practices
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, influencing as well as written and oral communication skills
- Ability to liaise with all levels of management
- Robust analytic skills and ability to assess large data sets
- Pro-active, motivated relationship builder
- In-depth understanding Financial Services Compliance regulations
- Naturally curious, willingness to explore innovative ways to redesign existing processes
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage, prioritize, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Self-directed, proactive, and creative; uses sound judgment and navigates ambiguity to get things done with limited direction and supervision
- Flexible to changing business priorities and ability to multitask in a constantly changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) with the ability to develop compelling and meaningful executive presentations that will drive opportunities / recommendation for improvement
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans