Senior Software Engineer - App Stores Backend (Remote) @ Canonical - Jobs - Chicago, IL
8 days ago
Senior Software Engineer - App Stores Backend (Remote)
Canonical - Jobs - Chicago, IL
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, and Web Services at scale. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
Canonical's Store team develops and operates the backend services that power the Snap Store and Charmhub.io marketplaces. Our services are built primarily in Python, within a bit of Golang. If you have a passion for clean APIs, have a bias towards shipping and believe that tests are the key to higher velocity and reliability, you'll fit right in.
We have some exciting challenges ahead including continuing to scale our production architecture, expand the store backend to handle additional package types, and enhance our on-prem offering for IoT and Enterprise solutions.
What you'll do
- Collaborate remotely with a globally distributed team.
- Write clean web service APIs to support both CLI and web frontend clients, using Python (and optionally Golang).
- Design and implement new features and enhancements from spec to production and ongoing operations at scale.
- Review code and technical designs produced by other engineers.
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions.
- Work remotely with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events.
Who you are
- You love technology and working with a diverse set of talented people.
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable.
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated.
- You have a broad technology base but favor backend code and infrastructure.
- You have proficiency developing public-facing APIs and web applications, preferably using Python and/or Golang.
- You know your way around relational and non-relational databases and can effectively design data models that perform well, and tune queries to access them.
- You are comfortable with Ubuntu as a development and deployment platform.
- You have a Bachelor's or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree.
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu - the world's #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu. Canonical is a unique tech company - global, remote-first, open source, with 700 professionals across 50 countries - we want to be the world's best, not biggest, global software company. With almost every team remote by default, Canonical sets the pace on the 21st-century digital workplace.
What Canonical offers:
- Work from home
- Learning and development allowances
- Competitive Salary
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Generous annual leave
- Paid maternity, paternity and sick leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Exposure to international business and technology
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity, we will give your application fair consideration.
We are looking for a frontend focused software engineer interested in writing composable and efficient code for our financial software platform.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our team and help build the foundation of Vault Insights. Senior Full-stack Software Engineer, Vault Insights…
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
As part of Kraken's Frontend SRE Team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken's infrastructure. Job Types: Full-time, Contract.
Our team and technology are responsible for making sure millions of travelers have the transportation they need when they need it globally!
We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Matter Product Studio
Architect APIs, complex business logic, build beautiful frontends, and implement 3rd party integrations working alongside other curious engineers and team…
Zenotis Technologies Inc.
Has worked on 2 or more projects independently from initiation to deployment, working with at least 2+ engineers and providing tech oversight for a junior…
Strong skills in backend, frontend and mobile development background in modern development stacks. 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer in a customer…
Experience with the automation of testing, building, and deploying frontend solutions. You'll be working on a small, multi-functional team that may include…
Frontend/UI Lead - React will be responsible for leading a team of frontend developers focused on the design and development of frontend solutions across the…
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Help us grow our team by interviewing and recruiting new engineers. Should be able should be able to lead a POD of engineers for the Frontend development…
You will partner closely with data scientists, product managers, other engineers on our frontend and backend teams to bring cutting edge techniques to improve…
5+ years of experience as a DevOps or SRE engineer. Manage career paths, grow, and supervise 5 DevOps engineers. Sound too good to be true?