OSS Officer / OSS Compliance Engineer, Software Factory @ Argo AI - Cranbury, NJ
a month ago
OSS Officer / OSS Compliance Engineer, Software Factory
Argo AI - Cranbury, NJ
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world's streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world's top consumer brands, we're working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We're individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
As the foundation of Argo AI engineering, the Software Factory team is poised to build the most productive engineering team in the world with an engineering system that scales. We build and develop the build system backend and frontend, infrastructure, CI and tooling that touches all phases and all aspects of software development: from source management to deploying to individual Autonomous Vehicles roaming around different cities, from distributed building/testing to orchestrating container based integration tests in the cloud, from customizing and installing OSs and firmware to building CLI and web services and applications.
At Software Factory, you will support the software engineering teams in consuming Open Source technologies, building upon them both upstream and in-house. In particular this means assisting with upstream contributions, determining the appropriate modes of collaboration, and ensuring best practices along the way. You will ensure license compliance and fulfillment of all Open Source license obligations integrated in a continuous delivery process. You closely work with the legal, cyber, and build system teams towards this goal.
What you'll do:
- Building up strong Open-Source Software processes and analyze technologies to ensure fast development and compliant usage in our products
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcomes for development
- Design, own and develop highly scalable and available services for Development teams to run continuous compliance processes
- Understand a wide variety of development environments and tools such as Jenkins, GitHub, Cloud Platforms, etc.
- Advise Development teams on implementation, configuration and integration of compliance software (BlackDuck, Whitesource, etc.)
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong OSS compliance background with 6+ years of professional experience
- Several years of hands-on, professional software development experience
- Passion about paramount engineering practices, automation, efficiency, quality, and developer happiness!
- Solid software engineering fundamentals and strong communication
Nice to haves:
- You love build tools (Bazel, BuildBarn, Cargo, etc.)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, especially for running GPU workloads
- You are familiar with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Familiarity with distributed systems development
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiative
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world's leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.