Operations Controller @ HMSHost - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
a month ago
HMSHost - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
This is a full-time position. The Operations Controller is responsible for managing cost controls, budgeting and forecasting processes, financial analysis and reporting, and accounting procedures for a single branch or region with multiple locations ranging from small to large sales volume operations. This position is responsible for effectively implementing company defined financial metrics throughout their area of responsibility. The Operations Controller is primarily responsible for providing fact based input into development projects by working with field management in accurately evaluating financial risks and returns of potentially new business opportunities. This position is responsible for the direct management of the activities of their respective accounting staff. This position is responsible for the evaluation of the accounting processes for their geographic area, and makes the appropriate recommendations and/or implements the appropriate solutions. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the Business Controller.
- Manages the preparation and transmission of branch accounting information such as sales and profit figures, payroll data, accruals, transfers and inventories
- Oversees maintenance of internal accounting records and is responsible for preparing timely area management and corporate/regional reports
- Maintains the appropriate control environment within their area of responsibility ensuring compliance with all corporate accounting standards within the region and provides necessary training to branch management in accounting standards and corporate policies and procedures
- Manages the budget and forecast process for the region including review and validation
- Provides accurate fact based analysis for ad hoc reporting as requested by Sr. Management
- Prepares reports and presentations, including developing financial bridges for the Business Controller review
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance (CPA/MBA preferred); experience in Food and Beverage or Retail operations a plus
- Requires strong accounting skills with a focus on reconciliation of ledger accounts
- Requires 7 years in financial or business analysis, preferably in a medium to high volume environment
- Requires an advanced working knowledge of Excel including financial modeling skills
- Requires strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires ability to build strong relationships and function well in a heavily matrixed organizational environment, as well as develop strong relationships with external partners including Joint Ventures, sub-tenants, landlords and vendors
- Previous experience in reading and interpreting contractual agreements a plus
- Requires the ability to travel 25%
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We believe in a culture of engagement. We strive to practice behaviors that set all associates up for success. We foster a culture of appreciation, caring and inclusion. We also believe in being the best version of yourself that you can be. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
HMSHost managers are coaches, guiding their teams to achieve great results while having fun and making a difference every day. Our managers show their passion for service and hospitality, are open to different ideas and perspectives, can adjust to the pace of our business, and serve the needs of our associates, guests, brands and other stakeholders.
We value manager-coaches who are reliable, can be counted on to do the right thing and focus on the simplicity of our mission – ensuring everyone feels great at work, and that our travelers are feeling great on the move.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on great people, strong teams, and a fun environment. If you have positive energy, a passion for serving others, enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a team player, like to learn and grow and have fun at work – apply now!
Baylor Scott & White Health
Financially evaluate operations on an ongoing basis for adherence to predetermined operational goals; Develop and help administer operational improvement plans…
University of North Texas System
This includes improving and streamlining operations and processes through use of information technology. Under the general direction of the Sr. Director of…
Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
Work closely with leadership to identify opportunities and develop strategies, understand internal business operations, and make decisions on process…
Build/Maintain all aspects of a consolidated, multidimensional reporting in the business system to analysis the operations.
Cars and Credit Master
Direct day to day operations within the accounting, financial reporting, tax, treasury, title management and other related disciplines.
City of Waco
Directs and participates in long-range and short-range planning for City finances and evaluates impacts on future City operations.
Medical City Healthcare
Experience in hospital finance operations preferred. Work closely with hospital controllers and accounting staff to ensure continuous communication and smooth…
World Insurance Associates LLC
Manage all production and operations related to premium finance. A first-class Business Unit CFO will be someone whose expertise translates into optimized…
Integrity Marketing Group
Generous PTO and holiday schedule, with extra time off for community service and your birthday. Multiple health insurance plans to choose from.
Home Zone Furniture
Grand Prairie, TX
Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including: We are looking for an accounting manager to supervise, track and evaluate day-to…
Execute daily operations of Accounting – Client Billings, AR/AP activities, journal entries, manage cash Flow, and month end close. Work closely with the CEO.
Texas Capital Bank
Manage daily operations within the corporate accounting department, including supervision and review of work performed by accounting staff responsible for the…
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial leadership role in a healthcare setting. Minimum education requirement of a Bachelor's degree.
Performance Pulsation Control
Manages day-to-day operations of the accounting department. A steward for the Company’s assets while ensuring the integrity of all accounting functions and…
Managing all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of business operations. Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for…
Proactively participate in the daily operations of the accounting department, in remote-hybrid fashion. The candidate will take a strategic role for daily,…
Smoothie King Franchises Inc
Oversee the accounting department operations, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving department and company goals and…
Manage and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department. The Accounting Manager will play a key role in the monthly close process, preparation…
GAF Materials Corporation
Provide comprehensive support and analytics for key strategic initiatives as well as tactical operations. 10% People Management - Oversight of accounting and…
Extensive prior involvement with operational finance including first-hand knowledge of business operations and has served as the primary financial partner to…
The team works closely with other areas of GSAM including investment, risk, client service, operations, technology, legal and compliance.
Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance (CPA/MBA preferred); experience in Food and Beverage or Retail operations a plus.
Take on the role of consultant and advisor to your clients on best practices for accounting and finance-related engagements.
Norwex USA, Inc.
The Sr. Accounting Manager will manage the daily operations of the accounting department, including supervision of accounts receivable, accounts payable,…