LimitedTerm Clerk @ Commonwealth of PA - Dauphin County, PA
4 months ago
Commonwealth of PA - Dauphin County, PA
The Commonwealth’s Temporary Clerical Pool (TCP) is seeking hard-working, reliable individuals who are detailed-oriented and committed to providing exceptional customer service to the citizens of Pennsylvania!
Our mission is to recruit and assign qualified individuals to fill state agency temporary staffing needs in the Harrisburg area.
Our TCP staff have the unique opportunity to showcase their talents, and to develop new skill sets, while exploring a variety of assignments within various state governmental agencies and commissions. Over 3,000 members of our team have also used the TCP as a stepping stone into a permanent career in state government with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If you are a self-motivated individual who is looking to make a difference, is committed to accuracy and hard work, and is dedicated to providing the best customer service possible, we want YOU!
Work hours and additional information:
- Shifts vary between the hours of 7:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Assignment locations vary across Dauphin County.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- All candidates will be contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. Please ensure all of your contact information is correct prior to submitting your application.
Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at [email protected]
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on receipt of your application.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- application processing may be delayed.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short video!
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.