Lead Engineer, Sustained Engineering - MAX Digital @ ACV Auctions - Hartford, CT
6 days ago
Lead Engineer, Sustained Engineering - MAX Digital
ACV Auctions - Hartford, CT
MAX Digital is looking for software engineers to join our agile team. We build complex and compelling web and mobile applications for the automotive industry (specifically for car dealers). We are rebuilding the car buying experience around the consumer, and we're seeing benefits for everyone involved. Join us and spend your days innovating and building products to make that a reality. We're looking for curious, collaborative people who are eager to teach what they already know and who jump at an opportunity to dive into new territory.
Successful members of our team are internally driven to finish assignments, make noise when blocked, and are just as eager to learn new technologies as they are to jump in and solve a problem in legacy code, because to them it's all about the success of the team. Those who succeed on our team take risks to go after big rewards and are not afraid to try new things.
What you will do:
As a lead engineer on our Sustained Engineering team, you will be responsible for keeping a consistent and dedicated engineering focus on the version of our products in use by our customers today. We believe that being innovative does not stop when a product launches. Customer happiness is our ultimate measure of success, and the Sustained Engineering team ensures this consistent focus by improving our existing product features as well as being proactive to identify issues being experienced by customers before they are reported.
In this role you will work across our entire stack, both backend and frontend, and lead a team of 1-3 engineers in a player-coach role to support these efforts. This is a great opportunity to help shape and grow a new engineering team from within MAX Digital
- Maintain a high level of quality as we continuously iterate on existing product features based on customer feedback. Be a champion for testing, automation and observability in everything we build.
- Identify areas of opportunity, prioritize, and take action to improve the performance and reliability of our production systems and applications.
- Increase observability in our systems using tools like Sentry and New Relic to proactively identify problems, determine impact, and resolve before they are reported by customers
- Work with our Product and Support teams to resolve customer issues with minimal impact to the Feature Engineering teams. Where necessary, develop long term actionable improvements that can be done either by the Sustained Engineering team or coordinated with another team for implementation.
- Improve developer experience through the development of internal tools, improving documentation, and the refactoring of production code for better maintainability.
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying Web applications at scale.
- Ability to work across multiple teams and communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-directed and autonomous with a high level of ownership, ability to prioritize against multiple competing priorities with a customer-first attitude.
- Strong and demonstrable focus using automated testing to maintain a high level of confidence through frequent deployments.
- Proficiency debugging cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues.
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and future growth opportunities.
New York, NY
Mentor engineers and engineering leads on their technical skills, strategy, and leadership so they can actualize their career goals.
South Windsor, CT
Ability to lead teams or projects achieving desired results on schedule. This position is responsible for Quality support in the development and implementation…
New York, NY
Introduce new ML/AI technologies to our engineers and apply them to increase our client impact. Drive multiple projects as the tech lead including scoping…
New York, NY
Work alongside and mentor other test engineers to continuously improve process and provide input into our internal training bootcamps.
Own the overall planning, execution, and success of sophisticated technical projects. Craft high-quality APIs and services that are performant and scalable.
New York, NY
A minimum of seven years of experience as an engineer working in an enterprise IT environment supporting a wide range of operating systems and cloud…
Of the Department of Transportation Act and applicable state historic preservation laws. Lead reconnaissance and intensive-level surveys, historic contexts,,…
Chicopee Housing Authority
Familiarity with lead paint and asbestos regulations is desirable. Work directly with project architects and engineers in the planning, bidding, and…
Experience in mentoring/managing other engineers is a preferred. The Lead Embedded Systems Engineer be a part of the Research & Development team to design new…
Definitive Healthcare, LLC
Must have been a software engineer for at least 2 years prior to becoming a manager. You will manage teams of software engineers to help them all learn, grow,…
Partner with product, design, and peer engineering leads and managers. Our solution provides retailers with the most cost-efficient way to fulfill their online…
This role will function as a technical leadership role for supporting Insikt enablement. You will work closely with all Insikt teams to provide guidance,…
New York, NY
Work closely with technical leads, scientific leads, and product management to inform the product roadmap. Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our…
Take lead in setting and coordinating annual and multi-year Company board plans. Develop partnerships with business leaders across the organization to engage in…
Aarcher is seeking a Senior Environmental, Health and Safety Manager who will lead all EHS programs across manufacturing facilities.
Department of Energy Resources
The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) is seeking a Clean Energy Engineer to provide technical support to the Energy Efficiency Division, and…
Major League Baseball
New York, NY
Collaborate with a team of extraordinary engineers and technologists. Launched in 2001 as the tech arm of Major League Baseball, MLBAM is now a leading…
Our platform gives you the ability to measure real-time cyber efficacy as it relates to cyber teams, developers, engineers and executives.
Coordinates and manages projects with other engineers and researchers. Leads and carries out projects/tasks with limited supervision.
Tech Talent South
Can effectively lead on challenging technical use case. Work with test engineers to ensure minimum defects are introduced into QA.
New York, NY
As a Regional Sales VP based in the Northeast, you'll lead a dynamic sales team that is responsible for driving top line revenue for the region, acquiring new…
Owns and drives the sales cycle from lead qualification through to deal closure, effectively executing per-sales process requirements.
Clifton Park, NY
Serve as task lead for specific portions of larger assignments and mentor less-experienced engineering staff in the gathering, analysis and correlation of basic…
As a core member of the SRAM Design team, you will work with engineers in a multidisciplinary team to design SRAMs, including architectural concept, logic…