Principal Node.js Engineer @ Piper Companies - Houston, TX
3 days ago
Principal Node.js Engineer
Piper Companies - Houston, TX
Piper Companies is seeking a Principal Node.js Engineer for a full-time, hybrid opportunity for a leading global finance and investment SaaS organization, based in Houston, TX. In 2022, the company was awarded "Best Online Broker" by NerdWallet, Investopedia, and Kiplingers. The Principal Node.js Engineer will build financial planning and investment tools, expand the UI and backend functionality of customer-facing large-scale platforms and applications, and modernize and migrate web apps to AWS Cloud.
- Design and build critical cloud-native web applications and systems
- Develop the technology roadmap and vision
- Architect, create, integrate, and maintain RESTful APIs
- Expand the front-end functionality of financial platforms viewed by millions of customers each day
- Lead a team of developers in an Agile environment
- 5 - 10 years of software development experience using Node.js framework (preferred), or Java/Springboot
- Strong familiarity with Angular or React frameworks
- Strong API development and microservice experience
- Understanding of AWS
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Candidates must be able to commute ~1-2 days/week to the Houston, TX headquarters
- Must hold U.S. citizenship or green card visa.
- Salary: $125,000 - $140,000
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 20 days PTO, holiday, 10% 401k matching, etc.
- Opportunity to work 100% remotely!
10+ years of professional experience designing and building software. Demonstrated track record of architecting and implementing highly scalable software…
Contributes and assists principal engineers in advanced systems planning, scheduling and implementation. Job Description: *Our client is actively seeking a…
This job requires experience in building best-in-class advancements to our products. You will analyze problem spaces and design, develop, test, maintain, and…