ALM Research and Strategy Associate @ JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. - New York, NY
5 days ago
ALM Research and Strategy Associate
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. - New York, NY
TCIO oversees a $500B global investment securities portfolio & $600B of debt / capital, used to manage the firm's interest rate, liquidity and currency exposures. As part of its ALM mandate, TCIO is responsible for managing Firm's interest rate risk exposure, liquidity and capital position. TCIO also influences the activities of the Firm's lines of business through an internal transfer pricing mechanism.
ALM Research and Strategy
The Asset/Liability Management (ALM) Research and Strategy group within Treasury and Chief Investment Office (TCIO) is looking for an associate in its New York City office. The group is responsible for developing best-in-class strategy and quantitative analytics to support the management of the firm's assets and liabilities.
The candidate will be a key member in the Portfolio and Balance Sheet Strategy (PBSS) team within the ALM Research and Strategy group and will work across functional groups in TCIO, in close conjunction with the treasury departments of other Lines of Business (LOBs). PBSS focuses on Firm's balance sheet optimization, investment portfolio strategy and industry surveillance around ongoing and emerging balance sheet management themes. PBSS analysis supports decision making by senior management including balance sheet strategy discussions in Firm's Asset and Liability management committee (ALCO) and other forums.
The position represents an excellent opportunity for candidates to:
- Apprentice under and impact the agendas of senior management
- Drive execution of the strategic initiatives around Firm's balance sheet management
- Become an expert on major aspects of bank balance sheet strategy including banking regulatory ruleset, ALM optimization, investment portfolio and capital management strategies, bank internal transfer mechanism
- Build network within the Firm's bank balance sheet management community including Investment portfolio management, Capital and Liquidity management, Corporate Treasury and subject matter experts within Risk management
- Hone problem solving, modeling, communication and leadership skills in an environment of active mentorship and coaching
ALM Research and Strategy associate will conduct research, develop analytics and contribute towards formulation of the Firm's strategy in various aspects of bank balance sheet management. The job responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Leverage quantitative frameworks such as balance sheet optimization model to design strategies around managing Firm's investment portfolio, capital and funding positions and balance sheet composition under regulatory and economic uncertainty
- Undertake quantitative research efforts on multiple investment portfolio strategy topics, such as optimal asset allocation strategy and portfolio diversification
- Coordinate update of long term strategy around the Firm's investment portfolio
- Analyze key balance sheet strategy trends in the banking industry
- Summarize complex research takeaways in presentable form and communicate to senior management
- Improve and develop quantitative optimization and surveillance frameworks around Firm's balance sheet
- Build quantitative analytics to support decisions around Firm's internal transfer pricing mechanisms
- Manage and systematize datasets on the Firm and the industry
- Strong academic background with a Ph.D. or an M.S. in engineering, mathematics, physics, economics or any other quantitative or technical background, with a strong interest in finance and banking
- The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to independently work in a fast paced, results driven environment
- Willingness to dive into details and dig deep into data to find answers to challenging questions
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), ability to prepare high quality PowerPoint presentations and to communicate findings to a non-technical audience
- Strong programming skills: Python, Excel/VBA
- Experience in Fixed Income research / strategy, Bank balance sheet management, Fundamental company valuation is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co . offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans