Caper Computer Vision, Software Engineer @ Instacart - New York, NY
2 months ago
Caper Computer Vision, Software Engineer
Instacart - New York, NY
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by Deep Learning and Computer Vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience.
Instacart recently acquired Caper AI to help retailers unify the in-store and online shopping experience for customers no matter how they choose to shop. Caper's cutting-edge, AI-powered shopping carts and automated checkout counters bring together online and offline shopping to create a completely new in-store experience for customers.
ABOUT THE TEAM
As a part of the Caper team, you'll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we're shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
ABOUT THE JOB
- This Engineer will work closely with the CV science team to deliver better models onto our application
- Constantly work with the team to improve serving structures on our embedded system
- Write CV application logic including processing, serving, inferencing.
- Work with a great team to better apply CV and DV technologies into embedded system
- 4+ years of experience in Computer Vision serving infrastructure.
- Real time production edge serving experience is a must have.
- Familiar with Nvidia Deep Learning tools like CUDA, TensorRT, DeepStream, etc.
- Familiar with Deep Learning frameworks like TensorFlow or Pytorch.
- Familiar with C/C++ and Python
- Familiar with traditional computer vision technologies like OpenCV, GStreamer.
- Familiar with containerization technologies like Docker and K8S.
- Familiar with common deep learning model optimization and compression technologies like quantization, weights pruning, network pruning.
- Deep understanding of Linux systems in terms of concurrency, OS, networking, etc.
pen to learning new technologies beyond your existing skillset.
- Working experience with embedded systems especially surrounding Nvidia Jetson ecosystem.
- End to end CV application delivery experience from data collection -> data processing -> model training -> model optimization -> application deployment.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.