Supervising Public Health Advisor / Disease Intervention Specialist, Bureau of Hepatitis, HIV, and STI @ NYC Careers - New York, NY
4 months ago
Supervising Public Health Advisor / Disease Intervention Specialist, Bureau of Hepatitis, HIV, and STI
NYC Careers - New York, NY
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH)'s Bureau of Hepatitis, HIV, and Sexually Transmitted Infections (BHHS) oversees the City's response to viral hepatitis, HIV, and sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including testing initiatives; prevention, care, and treatment programming; epidemiology and surveillance; training and technical assistance; community engagement; social marketing; policy advocacy; and racial equity and social justice initiatives.
BHHS works to end viral hepatitis, HIV, and STIs in New York City using an approach that is strengths-based, community-driven, and intersectional, accounting for how factors such as race, ethnicity, gender, sex, and socioeconomic status, among others, come together to impact public health.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Delegate assignments, monitor progress of case investigations and disease intervention activities.
- Assure that follow up activities are conducted, and that the work is complete, timely, and accurately documented in the surveillance and case management system (MAVEN).
- Conduct confidential, timely, and accurate disease investigation.
- Gather relevant medical (symptoms, treatment, etc.), demographic, and behavioral information from: diagnosing provider, historical health department records, Regional Health Information Organizations (RHIO), etc.
- Determine case status based on national case definitions established by the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE).
- Ensure adequate treatment.
- Educate providers about reporting requirements, up-to-date treatment, and screening recommendations.
- Conduct confidential, timely, and accurate disease intervention.
- Provide patient education sessions, including risk reduction strategies.
- Partner elicitation (contact tracing) Conduct disease investigation with elicited partners.
- Referral for testing and preventative treatment.
- Collect behavioral information.
- Conduct expanded interviews for special projects and evaluations.
- Referral for additional services (hepatitis screening, prenatal care, expedited partner therapy, social work, etc.).
- Linkage to care services (HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP, etc.).
- Participate in the Incident Command System to support emergency response needs as requested.
- Document all DI activities in surveillance and cases management system (MAVEN).
- Attend all emergency response and ICS trainings.
Minimum Qual Requirements
2. An associate degree from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by twelve semester credits in health education, or in health, social or biological sciences; and four years of experience as described in "1" above, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization, and six years of experience as described in "1" above, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and/or experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. Undergraduate college credit may be substituted for experience on the basis of 30 semester credits from an accredited college for one year of full-time experience. Twelve credits in the health, social or biological sciences may be substituted for an additional six
months of experience. However, all candidates must have a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization, and a minimum of two years of experience, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity, as described in "1" above.
Please note: If you are called for an interview you will be required to bring to your interview copies of original documentation, such as:
- A document that establishes identity for employment eligibility, such as: A Valid U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card/Green Card, or Driver’s license.
- Proof of Education according to the education requirements of the civil service title.
- Current Resume
- Proof of Address/NYC Residency dated within the last 60 days, such as: Recent Utility Bill (i.e. Telephone, Cable, Mobile Phone)
Additional documentation may be required to evaluate your qualification as outlined in this posting’s “Minimum Qualification Requirements” section. Examples of additional documentation may be, but not limited to: college transcript, experience verification or professional trade licenses.
If after your interview you are the selected candidate you will be contacted to schedule an on-boarding appointment. By the time of this appointment you will be asked to produce the originals of the above documents along with your original Social Security card.
The federal government provides student loan forgiveness through its Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) to all qualifying public service employees. Working with the DOHMH qualifies you as a public service employee and you may be able to take advantage of this program while working full-time and meeting the program’s other requirements.
Please visit the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program site to view the eligibility requirements:
"FINAL APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT & BUDGET APPROVAL”
We appreciate the interest and thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The NYC Health Department is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and gender non-conforming persons to apply.
All applicants will be considered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, age, prior record of arrest; or any other basis prohibited by law.
NOTE: This position is open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your resume that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program.
One year of credit will be given for each 30 semester credits of college education leading to a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in engineering,…
New York, NY
Planning and supervising neighborhood workshops and other engagement activities. Excellent research, analytical, writing, and public speaking skills.
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
New York, NY
Assist clients with due diligence by coordinating information flow, supervising calls and meetings between parties, and reviewing and analyzing company…
Comfortable with public speaking and executive briefings strongly preferred. A master’s degree from an accredited college in emergency management, public…
New York, NY
Responsible for hiring, training, motivating and supervising staff. 5+ years of leadership experience in a healthcare business environment with demonstrated…
Attorney General, Office of the
New York, NY
The Deputy Bureau Chief’s responsibilities include managing attorneys and support staff, working closely with the Bureau Chief to oversee and advance the Bureau…
Element New York Times Square West
New York, NY
Takes responsibility of supervising the F&B outlets in the absence of the F&B Supervisor. Deal with the general public, customers, associates, union and…
New York, NY
Handle in-house investigations and employee charges pending before federal and state agencies, supervising outside counsel where appropriate.
State of Connecticut - State Colleges & Universities - Board of Regents
New Haven, CT
Persons having responsibility for supervising or observing the behavior of inmates or custodial individuals will be required to possess a high school diploma or…
New York State Office of the Attorney General
New York, NY
Bureau’s enforcement vision and strategy using litigation, policy, and educational tools, and supervising and engaging. Benefits, and family-friendly policies.
Prudential Retirement delivers retirement plan solutions for public, private, and non-profit organizations. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products…
Michaels Arts and Crafts
Plymouth Meeting, PA
Public retail store setting supervising Team Members and taking care of our customers; all public areas are climate controlled; some stock rooms may not be…
Public Consulting Group
Atlantic City, NJ
Recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, and supervising employees. Our role as the nation’s largest and most experienced Financial Management Service provider…
Must demonstrate excellent customer service, public relations and communication skills. Riddle Village, a lifecare retirement community, is seeking Maintenance…
Affinity Care of Pennsylvania
Responsible for supervising hospice aides. Registered nurses shall have a minimum of (a) one (1) year of experience as a professional nurse within the last…
Current Driver's License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Home Health is…
Riverfront Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
Strong communication skills, professionalism and ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,…
QUEENS COMMUNITY HOUSE
Forest Hills, NY
Three (3) or more years supervising staff as a Program Director of sizeable programs with increasingly levels of responsibility preferably in urban education…
The Door - A Center of Alternatives
New York, NY
3+ years of experience supervising a team. 5+ years of experience analyzing outcomes data in a non-profit or public health organization.
New York, NY
In addition to supervising payroll accounting, payroll and payroll tax for their organization. From funder advised funds to fiscal sponsorship, grants…
Remington JFK Employers, LLC.
Responsible for supervising the daily operation of both housekeeping and in-house laundry. Efficiently inspect guest rooms and public areas daily to ensure the…
Make the Road New York
Proven experience in supervising other organizers; at least 2 years of experience in this area. Our member-led organizing committees - which work on the issues…
C&C Apartment Management
New York, NY
Consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, co-workers and the general public. Able to make general building repairs.
Legal Services of the Hudson Valley
White Plains, NY
The FDU Family Advocate will be part of LSHV’s holistic client-centered civil team which will ensure that Families in crisis receive a full range civil legal…