Tioga County Public Health Specialist II @ Public Consulting Group - New York, NY
a month ago
Tioga County Public Health Specialist II
Public Consulting Group - New York, NY
- Perform specialized work for public health priorities, including controlling the spread of COVID-19 under the direction of local health department staff.
- May perform supervisory work coordinating small teams or providing other monitoring and maintenance support services.
- Conduct interviews to obtain case related information, particularly for cases in high-risk settings and provide all documentation required based on State and local protocols.
- Provide education, consultation, and technical assistance on interview techniques, records, and quality control, including serving as a subject matter expert, when needed.
- Maintain/Provide superior communication skills, including establish rapport and effective communications with stakeholders from diverse cultures, races, ethnicities, and experiences, and coaching other team members of best practices.
- Support and maintain/monitor vaccine efforts such as scheduling, outreach, and coordination.
- Monitor testing support that may include scheduling and data management.
- Monitor data entry and/or review for systems supporting local health department programs.
- Support and facilitate communication methods and processes for public health priorities, including COVID-19, under the direction of local health department staff.
- Conduct public-facing activities with professionalism as a representative working on behalf of the local health department.
- Collaborate with, establish, and maintain appropriate partnerships and resources, including community organizations and schools, based on local health department needs.
- Coordinate the implementation of the NYSPHC Fellowship Program and the onboarding and monitoring of Fellows.
- Facilitate Local Public Health Partnership opportunities to enhance Fellows’ experiences by collaborating with mentors and helping facilitate professional growth opportunities, including technical information about public health priorities.
- Assist in identifying mentors in the county public health network to be a part of the NYSPHC Local Public Health Partnership.
- Communicate regularly with the NYSDPH Fellowship Placement Coordinator on matters that arise from the implementation or necessary revision of placement agreements.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. Experience in clinical medicine and/or public health a plus. Epidemiology degree preferred
- At least one year of experience within a health, public health, education, human services, or community-based organization, or institutional setting.
- Experience working in a health system in NYS. This includes but is not limited to hospitals, health care providers, health regulatory organizations, community resources, social services or schools in NYS.
- A flexible, adaptive, and composed attitude with the ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Experience leading tracking and reporting processes.
- Proficiency with computers including data entry into electronic tracking systems and running summary reports.
- Phenomenal work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Employment is contingent on completion of a background check by NY State.
- Must be a NYS resident with familiarity of NYS geography; cities/towns/locations.
- Preference given to those who live within commuting distance to the official work location.
- Own telephone, computer, wireless internet (WiFi) and electronic equipment.
- Must have access to a working PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job.
Amcord Care Inc.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related field, and at least 3+ years of experience in a social service or health care related…
Public Consulting Group
New York, NY
Assist in identifying mentors in the county public health network to be a part of the NYSPHC Local Public Health Partnership.
New York, NY
We have great people here and are looking for more. Come join us - you will love it! Job Title: Criminal Court Analyst. Location: Tompkins & Tioga Counties, NY.